What Would John Galt Do?

A whole different way of looking at "WWJD"

Thursday, February 16, 2006

More bumper sickness

In my last post, careless readers may have erroneously concluded that, because I despise the Left so vehemently, I must therefore be a Republican. If you're one of those, then I suggest that you invest a bit of time in your own education and review one of the core curricula for Critical Thinking skills: the logical fallacies. Come back here when you can identify which of those fallacies you have committed.

Republican bumper stickers usually don't bother me as much as the Leftie Loonies do. You don't generally see Republicans engaging in character assassination, hate speech, and outright lying -- at least, not plastered all over their (cars') asses. Of course, the religious Republicans try, but they're just wimps -- "the Diet Coke of Evil" -- compared to the asshole Democrats.

Somehow, this is all making me think of the Dicks, Pussies and Assholes speech in Team America: World Police. Lessee, would that make Republicans the Dicks, Religious Republicans the Pussies, and Democrats the Assholes?
So, Pussies may get mad at Dicks sometimes, because Pussies get fucked by Dicks. But Dicks also fuck Assholes, Chuck.
Yeah, that might work. Because in the second Dicks, Pussies and Assholes speech, Gary says,
...sometimes Pussies get so full of shit that they become Assholes themselves.
-- and THAT's certainly true of the Religious Right! But on the other hand, I'm sure there are lots of other ways to apply the Dicks, Pussies and Assholes paradigm.

I don't know. What I do know is that, as far as I know, there is NO ONE in the Democratic Party leadership who actually understands economics, and there are damn few Republicans left who have a clue either. And NONE of them, outside of Ron Paul (R-Texas) seems to understand that public welfare is forbidden in the U.S. Constitution, and is therefore illegal at the Federal level.

But then, Ron Paul isn't really a Republican. He's a Libertarian who ran for Congress on the Republican ticket. Been there for years, and last I heard the Party machinery still refuses to give him any kind of leadership position at all. No committee chairmanships, no "whip" positions, nothing.

It figures. Damn Republicans. They're about about as useless as teats on a boar. At least the Democrites are good for one thing: they're the only ones standing in the way of the Repugnicans taking over completely, and turning the whole damn country into another Iran.

I've always wanted to have my own bumper sticker machine, so I could plaster my own opinions all over my (car's) ass too. Well, as it turns out, there is a number of Web sites out there now where you can do just that. So I designed this one:


-- and uploaded it to bumperactive.com, where you can order one if you want. One dollar from each sticker will go to the Libertarian Party.

I have more neat ideas for bumper stickers I'd like to see. Perhaps I'll write about them some day. One of them says, "WWJD: What Would John Galt Do?"

Ken
WWJD -- What Would John [Galt] Do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home